Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bank Holiday weekend: day-trip to Brighton


Today I went to Brighton with Ulli and Christoph (both fellow HMS students). Unusual to German punctuality, we almost missed the train due to Ulli who was actually the only one of us who did not party all night long the night before... we (Christoph) also managed to buy the wrong train tickets (single instead of return for the same price) but the South Western train employee made our day by believing our story and friendlily exchanging our tickets. We went to the beach immediately and caught some sun rays - these moments are rare in this "summer". I think I got tanned most but on the other hand I almost froze my a** off as I had not taken the wind and the
< 19° into account.

Christoph has also been a freelance journalist in his youth

we are actually in Brighton not Dubai...

On the way back we met some German girls who were obviously drunk and talked pretty good English among each other due to her Italian company. Christoph, the little "Spießer" asked us to sit down somewhere else which of course was understood by the girls. Ulli and I had so much fun mocking Christoph all the way back for believing German was a secret language in our neighbour country. However, the girls were really nice and even helped me to find my way back home. Of course the train was delayed and I missed the last tube, so they took me to the bus stop and even offered to sleep over in their place. Danke!

No comments: