Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hamburg - home sweet new home

community spirit: the little yard in front of my door

Leaving DC was quite hard for me, the prospect of moving into one of the best and biggest German cities promised to be a little distraction from my heartbreaking farewell though.

I have been living in Hamburg during my summer internship 2006 - after leaving Notts - and already back then Hamburg offered me so many adventures that I finally managed to deal with being back in goo' ol' Germany and starting all over again...

free ferry boat trips on the river Elbe

During the first weeks I (re)discovered most of my fav places in Hamburg: the lake Alster in the middle of Hamburg city, the river Elbe with its harbour and beach, cafés like Chakra in the area Sternschanze, Café Reise Bar in Altona, Hadley's (just opposite the street), party areas like Hamburger Berg with bars like Lucky Star and Rosi's Bar, the independent cinema Abaton not very far from where I live...

Dreizimmerwohnung: going out with my fav Maltesian friend

I was really lucky of being able to move into Chris' flat for a while, because due to it being situated Beim Schlump, I am in walking distance to beer and dancing. Its like still living in Dupont Circle and being able to walk to Adams Morgan and finding one's way back home easily.

I cannot wait for uni to start, to meet more and more interesting people and to build upon old friendships.

No comments: