Saturday, July 03, 2010

Watching the World Cup early in the morning


There is a nine hours time shift to Germany. So, when Germany played against Argentina I had to watch game at seven in the morning. But I kind of had the feeling it would be worth it. I went out with Nate and Eric but then decided to go to bed at 4am to sleep for two hours. I got up and went to meet Alex who I wanted to watch the match with. She did not show up, so I went back to bed for another 30min. When I woke up again I almost stayed in bed but then quite patriotically went down and across the street to Angel's Cafe where only the two owners and their friends were watching the game - all of them supporting Argentina. I missed the first goal because I was five minutes late. But there were more to come, so that was fine. I cheered silently for Germany sipping my coffee - no drinks that early - because the atmosphere was quite depressing... Well, getting up was worth it but afterwards I went straight to bed again... So it's Spain now...

Germany against Uruguay

No comments: