Thursday, July 01, 2010

Welcome to San Francisco

I will spend this summer in San Francisco writing my MBA thesis at San Francisco State University. I chose to come to SF because the Bay Area is famous for being a social media hub and that is what my thesis is going to be about: monetizing social networking sites.

It is my second time in the States but I have never been to California before. I have heard a lot of stories about SF being the most "European" and probably the most liberal city in the US. So let's find out...

I managed to find an apartment last minute through some friends' friend's friend via Facebook and it happens to be a pretty cool apartment in the Tenderloin. The Tenderloin is pretty central - 10 minutes walking distance to uni, it is an ethnic neighborhood and some ppl say it's scary at night. I find it pretty okay.

My apartment def has its own character and style. There is punch hole in my apartment door - apparently because my landlord's neighbor did not like his music. The bedroom mirror is crushed, too, Nate fell into it dancing - we def have some things in common... Also the bathroom door does not have a handle anymore, so I should not close it, which is pretty funny whenever I have ppl over... I do have a large bedroom with a small balcony and a great sound system for my iPod.


No comments: