Monday, August 03, 2009

Haunted Room

This night while I was still fully awake I heard a weird noise: it sounded like a hiss that came from different directions within my room and reached different noise levels. I have never heard that sound before and could not figure out where it was coming from. After discussing horror movies with my flatmate Ashley for an hour in the kitchen just before I went to bed, my first thought was that I must be imagining it. But then after a while the sound came back. I did not hear any tripping noise that would lead to the conclusion that it must be an animal making that noise. So I concluded it must be a supranatural power - not that I believe in such things... When I finally heard some human noise in the hall I jumped out of my bed and found Katharina. I dragged her into my room and she heard that weird hissing as well. Thank God - I was not crazy! Edward had to get out of his bed as well and tried to scare the monster away. But to our suprise - he did not hear anything. We all decided it would be best if I shared tonight's bed with Ashley. I woke her and told her the story but she was still drowsy and could not make much sense of my story.

Even now, two weeks later, I sleep in my own room again, I have not figured out the noise and it did not come back. My friends are indecisive if it was a rat or a snake. I just wish that I will never find out...

No comments: