Monday, August 17, 2009

interning at random house digital: sex, drugs and rock and roll...

Just a quick update for those who wonder what I am concerned with @ work.

Still, the Good Pub Guide is my major project. Since David, who is responsible for the site, is on annual leave this week, I am in charge of approving licensees who want to join the page, updating the pub news and twittering about pubs!

vwt office and other media companies building

There will be a new sub page called "blog" soon which I am currently developing with vision with technology at the moment. This is the agency that developed the GPG website and they have a real fancy office with a start-up-atmo in Islington. It is also my task to recruit interesting and motivated bloggers who blog about all kinds of different perspectives on pubs such as pub crawls, pubs in Yorkshire, beer drinking women, pubs as business hubs, etc. It might be quite obvious that I very much like that project.

As we are still a young website we also need to tell the people we are out there and generate traffic via XML feed partnerships. It is my task to analyse the market and see who is a good fit for our trusted brand.

Also, we still need many more licensees to use our website to promote their pubs - so I have been talking to the major UK pub companies, breweries, etc. Talking on the phone to publicans with various local British accents - no probs anymore! :) Plus, the beer and liquor industry within the UK is quite complex and most of them are far behind the new media developments - I might even think of applying to work for a renowned brewery in my own social media department next year...

Since David is on holiday, I might be asked to help some other colleagues here and there and finally get to know what all the others are doing. Nicole asked me today to write a book review for a high ranked book on youwriteon - a very interesting, though pretty ugly looking, author's community.

Jenny asked me to help her researching ways to promote our Ann Summers' erotica audio books (click on the link to listen to free samples). She also told me to inform IT that I will spend some time on dodgy sex websites in order to research. So, yes, I am basically concerned with booze and sex at work. What is that going to look like on my CV?

No comments: