Sunday, August 30, 2009

Notting Hill Carnvial 2009

Well, I went to Notting Hill Carnival today and expected Brasilian dancers and amazing costumes... instead it was just masses of drunk British people who were NOT dressed up. Their only aim was to dance in the streets among all the others... more like love parade then Carnival I guess. Police was leading people safely through the less crowded streets. The only way to survive was to adapt! We went to different dance areas (pubs or trucks with music) and enjoyed the bizarre event. What struck me most was that some residents offered their loos to ppl for a quid. If not you had to visit the dixie toilets.

When I went home after a nice meal with lots of red meat at a Turkish restaurant in West Ken, I checked the website which told me that tomorrow will be the main day of Carnival but I decided not to go again and check out Greenwich and the Zero Meridian instead.

No comments: