Thursday, July 02, 2009

Getting settled

1st day: getting settled
1st mission: finding a store with glutenfree food (24h big Tesco, mins walking distance) = accomplished!
2nd mission: getting a new UK simcard, prepaid and as cheap as possible (tesco mobile) = finally accomplished after arguing with the woman at the service desk that my phone is not simlocked and I won't need to buy a new one and with the cashier that that I can top it up right here and there....
3rd mission: finding the cheapest option for me to travel throughout London (oyster card) = accomplished - but is it really the cheapest?
4th mission: meeting with Anis, the Maltesian friend I met in DC last summer

We had a coffee at Coffee Republic (chain of course). Later that day, I met with Jo cause we were invited to a roof top barbecue of one of her friends. 26°C and roof top barbecue certainly made me miss DC less. This summer seemed to have potential!

The following day, Anis and I went to chill in Hyde Park listening to a free Reggae concert. Later that night he introduced me to his girlfriend and classmates, a quite lovely international bunch of ppl. How I missed that! We had totally glutenfree food at an Ecuadorian place near Holloway Road station. Worth the travel!

We made plans to dance salsa soon and I finally agreed I'd love London!

No comments: