Sunday, July 05, 2009

home

Yesterday, I finally arrived in London for good. No more comparisons to last summer in DC or what could have happened in Palo Alto if... LONDON its gonna be and I like it!

During the day I went with Jo and her friend Lars to Spitalfields Market at Liverpool Street Station. Its a place where creative ppl stroll around. The market was actually not happening that day but we had a weird iced tea in a funky café and watched the folks who passed us by.

After, we went to Regent's Park where we had a nice picnic with some LSE rich kids. Right there and then, I decided NOT to send my kids to a private school - at least not until they developed some character...


Größere Kartenansicht

At night, I met with a friend who showed me Shoreditch - his favourite place to go out at night and I fell in love with that area: its like my fav area "Sternschanze" in Hamburg. People were having pints sitting on the street, getting drunk, having fights, enjoying their night out. The area looks a bit dodgy at first - totally opposite of West Ken where I live.

Yesterday night I managed to get home like I was born in London. I took the night bus to Oxford Circus and then swapped busses to get home. In between I had two hot hash browns (Mc D gluten free breakfast) - almost as tasty as a "German" Dönertüte. I arrived at Kensington Olympia at 5:30 and decided to cancel our Sunday champagne brunch.

No comments: